Semiya Upma is a south Indian breakfast recipe made with semiya or semolina or vermicelli. Today I am sharing tasty and easily prepared semiya upma with step by step instructions along with photos.
Please dont forget to try out our Upma recipe
- 2 cups Semiya
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1/4 cup Chasew Nuts
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 or 3 Cloves
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 tbsp Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 or 2 tbsp Oil
- Finely slice the onion and slit the green chillies.
- Heat oil in a vessel.
- Add cinnamon stick and cloves fry till nice aroma comes.
- Add mustard seeds, when they splutters add urad dal and chana dal.
- When the urad dal is turning slightly golden, add cashew nuts and fry till golden.
- Add onions and green chillies.
- Fry till the onions are translucent.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of water, salt and mix well. Adjust the salt as per your taste.
- Close the lid and bring the water to boiling point.
- Add semiya and keep on stirring to avoid lumps. If you like you can dry roast the semiya before adding it to the water.
- Cook on a medium flame till semiya is completed cooked.
- Serve semiya upma hot. It goes well with pickle.