Indian Chicken Fried Rice:
Indian Chicken fried rice is a delicious recipe made with rice, chicken and the vegetables mixed with Indian spices. On days when I run out of ideas on what to cook, my choice is fried rice (either veg or non-veg).
There are many variations in cooking fried rice. Here I am sharing a simple and easily prepared fried rice recipe with shredded chicken. Please try and enjoy the delicious recipe. You can also prepare this with left over rice.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups Rice
- 150 gms Boneless Chicken
- 1 cup Onion(Chopped)
- 1 cup Cabbage(Chopped)
- 2 Green chillies(Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Clean and wash chicken and add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and marinate the chicken for 5mins.
- Meanwhile take 2 cups of rice, add 4 cups of water, few drops of oil and cook the rice for 10mins or 2 whistles.
- Now take the chicken in a vessel, place the lid and cook on medium flame. If required add little water.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the lid and cook till water goes off.
- Shred the chicken and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add cinnamon and cloves.
- Add onions and chillies.
- When onions are translucent, add cabbage and green peas and cook for few minutes.
- When the cabbage and green peas are cooked, add shredded chicken and fry for few minutes.
- Meanwhile our rice was cooked.
- Add the cooked rice to the mixture and mix well so that the chicken masala is nicely mixed up with the rice and serve hot.