Capsicum (bell pepper) masala is a very delicious, spicy gravy Indian recipe where the capsicum is sautéed with onions , roasted peanuts, sesame and coconut powder. Perfect blend of roasted peanuts, sesame and coconut gives a very nice flavor to the curry. It goes well with rice or chapati or any pulao. Today I am sharing you this recipe with simple instructions along with step by step photos.
- 3 Capsicum (Cubed)
- 1 Onion (finely Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Peanuts
- 2 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 2 pods Garlic (Minced)
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Dry roast peanuts and set aside.
- In the same pan, add coriander seeds roast for 1min then add sesame seeds and coconut powder and fry till nice aroma. Do not burn the coconut.
- When the roasted ingredients are cooled completely, add to the blender and pulse them to a fine powder.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel or kadai, add cumin seeds and minced garlic sauté them.
- Add chopped onions and fry till onions are translucent.
- Add capsicum and sauté for a while.
- Sprinkle salt and cook capsicum till it is cooked but still crispy.
- Add turmeric and chilli powder, mix well and cook for a 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the powder prepared earlier, little salt.
- Mix well and fry for 2-3minutes.
- Add 1cup water and boil it for few more minutes till the gravy becomes thick. Adjust salt as per your taste.
- Capsicum masala is ready. Serve hot.